The following is a sponsored post with Sleep Salts. All opinions are my own.
Practicing self care is essential to healthy living and wellness. One of my favorite ways to recover and feel rejuvenated is to feel prepare a relaxing bath to soak in. Your bath can have natural medicinal qualities to help you alleviate sore muscles, sleep better, improve skin texture and even help you breathe.
Adding magnesium, through Epsom salts, is one of the essentials items that I add to my tub. Through “transdermal absorption” magnesium can be absorbed, via your skin, through the salts that you add to your bath. According to the National Academy of Sciences, American’s magnesium deficiency helps to account for high rates of heart disease, stroke, osteoporosis, arthritis and joint pain, digestive maladies, stress-related illnesses, chronic fatigue and a number of other ailments.
I draw my relaxing bath with Sleep Salts to help aid in any magnesium deficiency. Lately, my favorite blend has been the Organic Eucalyptus Bath Soak. It’s composed of Dead Sea salt and organic eucalyptus essential oil.
When the scent of the eucalyptus oil hits your nose, you can immediately sense how deep it works to open your nasal passages. It helps me sleep better, at night, when it’s allergy season. Plus, the magnesium of the Epsom salts relaxes my sore muscles from long runs. I sleep better and feel a sense of calm after soaking with Sleep Salts.
I’ve put together a list of 5 Steps to Create a Relaxing Bath to help you draw one that is soothing and functional. You’ll find it rather powerful to soak in the tub and improve your body from the outside in.
5 Steps to Create a Relaxing Bath
- Let the tub fill with hot water. Bath tubs tend to cool off quickly. Make sure you fill it to the top, so it covers your body when you get in, with hot water. You can always add more as it cools off.
- Unplug. While you are waiting for the tub to fill, unplug from all electronics. Make sure that nobody needs you either. It’s a time dedicated to self-care.
- Turn on Instrumental Music and light a candle. Make the experience feel like a spa session by turning on some instrumental music. I just Google “spa music” and it’s usually a video. I also set the mood with an unscented candle that doesn’t overpower the essential oils.
- Add your Sleep Salts. Add your generous amount, per instructions, of Sleep Salts into your tub.
- Support your neck. Add a bath pillow to support your neck, so you can truly relax. You want your entire body to feel effortless so you can slip into a deep relaxation.
Be sure to take baths as part of a healthy regimen for wellness. You’ll start to feel the benefits immediately and notice a difference from the inside out. The Sleep Salts brand can be purchased online at their website and ship directly to your door with 22oz – 4lb options available.
Tell Me – What is your favorite way to relax before bed?
Find Sleep Salts on Social Media: