The newly expanded Disney Springs has become a must-see destination for Walt Disney World guests. It’s a one-stop place for entertainment, dining and specialty shopping.
Disney Springs has a lot to offer Run Disney vacationers and it’s a fun destination to include in your vacation planning. With no entry
fee required and transportation provided by all Disney resorts, it’ll be an easy addition to your trip!
5 Reasons to Include Disney Springs in Your Run Disney Trip
1. It’s the perfect spot to celebrate your achievements! Refuel after your race at one of the many restaurants. From quick service to signature dining, there is something for everyone. You can made ADR 180 days prior to your trip. Some restaurants have even catered to runners with special offers when you show your bib or medal. Follow the restaurants on Twitter for more information.
2. Recover at Disney Springs with a movie. If the parks are too much after your race, plan on catching a flick. The AMC theater is a “Fork and Screen” location that serves you while you watch the movie.
3. Leisurely shop around Disney Springs. With over 20 brand name shops, Disney Springs has plenty to offer any fashionista. If you’ve forgotten some running essentials, Fit2Run is a specialty running store that will take care of you.
4. Commemorate your achievements with a souvenir. Arribas Brothers and Disney Days of Christmas shops can personalize a keepsake item for you. It’s a great idea if you weren’t lucky at the expo.
5. Typically, Disney Springs has a booth at the Run Disney Expos. Be sure to stop by for a list of restaurants and shops offering specials to runners. I’ve seen discounts on food, alcoholic beverages and free gifts with proof of bib (or medal) offered. It pays to stop by the booth at the expo!
Disney Springs is also a quick boat ride to Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Port Orleans Riverside and Port Orleans French Quarter. You could easily hop a boat to explore a resort too.
With so much to offer and no entry fee required, Disney Springs will always be a stop on my racecation.